Here we grow! The garden is getting bigger. It’s time for rows & I’m a bit nervous but it’s all about learning right? Here’s how we are putting our rows in…
Not pretty for sure. Can you see why I feel intimidated? Coming from a no nothing about gardening background, this bigger undertaking has me shaking in my garden boots!
But never fear, we are going to just plunge ahead as only we homesteaders can do! With the help of a good friend and great gardener Lynn, we were able to ditch our laborious ideas and get right to laying the landscape fabric and planting the melons I grew from seed.
If you don’t have a Lynn to get you on track with your row starting, just watch the video below to see how we are getting started!
This whole garden experience has surprised me in so many ways.:
- I like to garden ~ really didn’t think I’d like it
- Changing your mind opens many more doors
- Failing is an option and will continue to happen
- There’s nothing better than eating a freshly picked veggie in the garden
- Gardens can give you an amazing sense of satisfaction as you wander through them
- The learning never stops
- Gardeners are the most amazing folks who LOVE to share information
Truly, so many lessons learned and many more to come. Thanks for following our garden journey with us. We have some cool plans for a structure to add to this space (nope. not telling just yet) so stick around… we’re just getting started gardening together!
Do you prefer raised beds or rows?