So for those of you who have cooked, baked, cleaned, decorated, washed, dried, laughed and maybe even cried… here is what you’ve REALLY been waiting for… the Thanksgiving Survey Results!!
The date of the first Thanksgiving is not exactly known, though it is generally believed to have happened between September 21 and November 9, 1621.
The Plymouth Pilgrims invited the Wampanoag Indians to dine with them and celebrate a plentiful harvest following a very difficult winter in which nearly half of the white settlers had died. The event lasted for THREE days!
I probably took that long to cook the various offerings over an open fire. Can you imagine?
The love and time put into family Thanksgiving meals are a wonderful thing. So, without further adieu I’d like to present you with the results (and a few surprises) from our Thanksgiving survey!
What is your favorite Thanksgiving protein?
- 43% say it’s Turkey of course!
- 0% Chicken eaters
- 14% Ham it up
- 43% are with me and want a yummy steak!
It’s not Thanksgiving without this sidedish:
- 14% say Sweet Potato Casserole
- 43% must have Mashed Potatoes
- Surprisingly, 0% need String Bean Casserole!
- 43% are Stuffing lovers
- Sadly, 0% would miss Cranberry Sauce
Speaking of Cranberry Sauce:
- 57% will make their own
- 29% have no problem opening a can
- 14% skip the sauce altogether
Oh my pie… which is a must?
- No surprise here, 29% say Duh, Pumpkin Pie of course!
- Apple Pie tied with pumpkin pie at 29%
- Pecan, Sweet Potato & Chocolate at 14%
What Thanksgiving family tradition do you enjoy taking part in?
- Napping & Football tied at 14% (I’ll admit I do nap during football…LOL)
- No partakers when it comes to watching the Macys’ Parade, parade & football OR talking to friends and family.
- 43% know exactly why there are at the table…they Just Wanna Eat!
- 29% are happy to do all of the above
If you could have it your way: Would you still cook the whole meal if you could secretly cater?
- 29% would secretly cater
- A Whopping 71% absolutely look forward to all the craziness of preparing that Thanksgiving meal!
Thanks to all of you who took part in this bit o’ fun. Now, lets clean up those plates and…. nap.